An Electronic Diversity Visa(EDV) is an annual Green Card Lottery scheme offered by the United States to about 55000 lucky people. The results for DV 2024 are out, and the application process for EDV 2024 ceased in November. Here’s everything you need to know about the Diversity Visa Lottery for the year 2024.
The Diversity visa was introduced in 1987 to preserve the nation’s cultural diversity. It can be applied digitally, and the US government encourages you to apply for it by yourself. At least, you are requested to be present while someone else fills the form for you, to ensure the correct data filling.
This free Visa entitles you to a Green Card, which allows you to stay in America as a lawful resident.
Important Dates for EDV 2024
Registrations for Diversity Visa 2024 have begun, and here are the DV lottery 2024 opening date, closing date, and more.
|E-DV lottery Start Date||Wednesday, 5th of October|
|DV lottery Closing Date||Tuesday, 8th of November 2022|
|E-DV Lottery Result Date||Saturday, 6th May 2023 (EDT Noon)|
Eligibility criteria and Requirements for an immigrant visa program
Here are the eligibility criteria and the requirements for the DV 2024 application.
- You need a High School Certificate or its equivalent to apply for the DV lottery or at least 2 years of experience in jobs that qualify for the Diversity Visa Program.
- To be eligible for the DV lottery 2024, you must be from a Qualifying country.
These are the 2 basic requirements, however, there are other prerequisites in terms of documents that you need to present during an interview and the registration process as well. Here is the list of documents required;
- A valid passport or any National ID to verify your identity.
- A pair of photos meeting all the conditions.
- Birth Certificate
- Educational certificate
- Working Experience certificates
- Relationship documents
- Medical documents
- Court and Police records
- Vaccination records
EDV Photo Requirements 2024
The State government is particularly strict about the Photos you select for your DV lottery. A slight mistake or failure to meet the photo requirements for the DV registration can be a reason for your rejection. So, kindly read all the instructions and select the best photo as per requirements.
|Dimension||Age of the Photo|
|Resolution||600×600 to 1200×1200 pixels|
|File Size||54 to 240 KB|
|Background||Plain white | off-white|
|Age of the photo||Not more than 6 Months old to reflect your current appearance|
|Head Position||Centre | Cover 50% of the photo|
|Facial expression||Neutral | A slight smile is fine|
|Dress Code||Casual Daily wear|
|Accessories||Not allowed except for Religious reasons|
|Head coverings||Not allowed except for Religious reasons|
|Eye Gear||Not allowed including sunglasses and Spectacles|
Things to consider while submitting your photos for EDV 2024.
- As your photo can not be older than 6 months, you are not advised to use the images previously submitted for the DV lottery.
- You would require a pair of photos each for all the applicants including Spouse and Children.
- Eyes are meant to be open wide for a proper DV photo for the diversity visa lottery 2024.
- The face must be towards the camera to better capture Chin to Forehead.
- No shadowy, gloomy, or black-and-white photos are allowed to submit an entry dv2024 program.
- You can edit the digital photos professionally or use the tool available at dvlottery.com
- For scanned photos to be eligible, it has to be a 300 dpi resolution image to register for the lottery program.
- These instructions are to be followed for each image file, including that of spouses and children.
DV Application Process
The approach of the DV application has a simplified interface with easy-to-understand instructions that you can follow along with your registrations. Here is a list of steps you would go through in the procedure;
- The green card lottery 2024 official website is dvprogram.state.gov. Click here to visit the official site.
- Click on the Begin Entry button that comes along with some instructions and photo samples.
- Pass the Captcha verification placed there to ensure the authenticity of an applicant.
- Get along with filling in Entrant information as per the National identity.
- Fill in other pieces of information associated with Spouse, Children, Qualifications, and Occupation.
- You shall see a Unique Confirmation Number on the Validation Screen that ensures a successful application.
This Confirmation Number is quite important and non-retrievable. This will be the base for all your future proceedings and the interview. Hence, it is mandatory to stow it safely.
Facts about Green Card Lottery application
Here are some unsung facts about the DV procedure that you ought to know.
- You cannot apply after or before the Time and Date mentioned in the instructions.
- The US government restricts multiple entries and hence is rejected by the Department of State.
- Your selection is not publicized or emailed to you by the authorities, you will have to check it manually on the site.
- You shall receive an email from the US embassy regarding your interview timings and instructions to check your online status.
- Kentucky Consular Center(KCC) eliminates all posts obtained by mail as it is a digital-only approach.
- There are further Steps to scrutinize after the initial selection. Only after the completion of this, the Green Card is allocated.
- A Consular Interview shall decide if you will receive the US visa.
- Family members like spouses and children need to be announced during the initial step to avoid disqualification.
- The interview process requires a mandatory non-refundable Diversity Visa Fee of $330.
- On selection, your immigration documents shall be sent to you in a Sealed Immigrant Packet.
- The Diversity visa lottery entitles you to a Lawful Permanent Resident or a Green Card holder. You are allowed to live and work in the United States permanently. This could be one of the many visas to allow you to enter the United States.
EDV Result 2024 Check
You can check the DV lottery Results here. Click here for DV application Status
Important Links for DV lottery
Occupations list that qualifies for the Diversity Visa Program – Click Here for a List of Occupations
For any scam related to the DV lottery, please read the following instructions. – Click Here to Report a Scam
EDV Result 2024 Date
The DV results will show up on 6th May 2023.
You can check the results here. Click here for the DV Result
List of Countries Eligible for DV lottery 2024
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo, Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cote, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, The Ghana Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome, Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Special Administrative Region, North Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vatican City
Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Federated States of Nauru, New Zealand, Palau, Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts, Nevis Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, the Grenadines Suriname, Trinidad, Tobago, Uruguay
These are the countries eligible for diversity immigrant visa applications this year. However, those countries excluded from the list already have a significant level of immigration through other processes.
This is the first post on Usated.com and I hope you like it. Please share your views in the comments box below.